What you need to know about BS+Co.
Based in Knoxville, Tennessee, BS+Co. is a marketing and business strategy firm that works with high-growth companies. We are self-motivated, high-performers who possess a shared, deep-within-chest desire to create something different. Each of us, however, is also strikingly unique, and this is by design.
We are not a homogenous entity of order-takers. We are a collective harmony of diverse ideas and rich voices – and that is our strength.
What you can expect as a BS+Co. Intern!
If you’re looking for the “traditional” agency experience, you will not find that here. Nor will you be asked to fill your days with meaningless tasks (coffee runs, stuffing envelopes, picking up dry cleaning, etc.) that in no way help you develop as a marketing professional.
Instead, over the course of your internship, you will work across a wide variety of marketing projects (mostly for B2B companies), in close collaboration with our seasoned marketing managers, coordinators and strategists. This 4-6 month internship is paid at an hourly rate depending on your qualifications, with the potential growth path to a salaried position.
Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Email development (e.g., nurturing sequences, newsletters)
- Content optimization
- Social media editorial calendar execution
- Website content migration
- Scheduling of marketing materials
Recommended skills and qualifications
Of course, given that you are in the early stages of your career development, we understand that you may not have a lot of hands-on experience. That being said, here are a few leading indicators for your success, as well as whether or not you’d be a great fit for this internship.
What successful BS+Co. interns (generally) have in common
- Some base-level experience using Google Suite products, Slack and Canva
- Outstanding written communication skills (sparking spelling and grammar, as well as the ability to produce persuasive copy and content)
- Social media copywriting experience (Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook)
- Excellent overall communication skills, as well as a strong work ethic
- Self-motivated, extremely organized and able to operate independently
- At least two (2) days a week to dedicate five (5) hours of work on BS+Co. companies; our minimum commitment is 15 hours per week
Experience “nice-to-haves” (but not “must-haves”)
- CRM [Customer Relationship Management] platforms
- Website platforms specifically HubSpot or WordPress
- Social media marketing experience - content, paid ads, video, partnerships
- Social media automation/scheduling tools
- Email marketing experience
- Logo design
- Editorial design
- Readying print and interactive files
We are an equal opportunity employer
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
“It’s not about the paycheck, it’s about respect, it’s about looking in the mirror and knowing that you’ve done something valuable with your day.”
– Dave Kovic, Dave, 1993